Sunday, August 5, 2012

Growing Out Inverted Bob

Growing your hair after a short cut is a tedious, frustrating process. I have been trying to grow my hair since last year. But every time it starts getting longer, I cut it again! How does that make any sense????

Well anyone who has started growing out their hair knows you go through the "awkward stage."

Extending the length of your hair requires embracing the "awkward stage" and seeing it through.

I have made the commitment to get me to my end goal of long, luscious layers....and here is my journey!


June 1, 2012

This picture was taken immediately after my hair appointment. I loved the cut and came to accept the fact I was just going to have short hair and I need to keep up with the cut.

Well as a few weeks went by the cut got "awkward" and you needed reshaping. My next appointment was July 16th and when I explained my goal....He cut it short again!!!! I even brought in these pictures to give him an idea of direction....
Figured this was the starting point where I needed the back of my hair to start coming down to meet the front.



This is the shape I am striving to get my hair to my shoulders.

So having to start all over again, I am three weeks in and three weeks until my next appointment. I need to stay strong and really over communicate the fact that I am growing this out. I probably should push the appointment to eight weeks instead of six. But because my hair is so dense and course, I need the up keep for shaping purposes.


Stay tuned to more growing pains.................

No comments:

Post a Comment